Twirls & Swirls Tree Tags
- Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz (PaperTrey); Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up!)
- December Details Collection papers (Bella Blvd.): Grumpy Grinch; Mistletoe
- Crystal self-adhesive gems
- Jumbo silver eyelets
- Ribbon: 5/8" green (Martha Stewart Crafts); 3/8" stitched coral (American Crafts)
- Wired silver cord
- Stamp sets: Kissmas & Mistletoe (Ippity by Unity Stamp Co.); O' Christmas Tree (Verve Stamps)
- Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink pad (Tsukineko)
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Nestabilities Labels 4 dies (Spellbinders) and compatible die-cutting system
- Punches (EK Success Brands): scallop border; corner rounder; hole
- Detail scissors
- Foam adhesive dots
- 1. Die-cut largest label from white cardstock; trim sides and bottom from label. Round bottom corners to create tag shape.
- 2. Punch hole at tag top, set eyelet and insert short ribbon length. Tie silver cord in bow around ribbon ends to secure. Curl cord ends around pencil.
- 3. Punch scalloped border from colored cardstock; adhere across bottom of tag. Cut and adhere 1/2"-wide paper strip to tag over border. Trim excess paper. Tie silver cord around tag over paper seam.
- 4. Stamp tree on white cardstock; let ink dry. Refer to photo to color image with markers. Detail cut tree and adhere to tag with foam dots.
- 5. Stamp "to/from" to right of tree. Apply gems to tree and bottom tag edge.
- 1. Memento dye inks are particularly good for COPIC marker techniques; be sure ink is dry before coloring.
- 2. Use watermark ink to stamp an allover, tone-on-tone tree background on a coordinating card; adhere tree to card front.
- 3. Create a tag gift set for the time-crunched gifter on your list – package 12 handmade tags with a pretty pen and you're done!
by Michelle Woerner