Inspiration Unleashed: Happy Family Squash Book
size: 4-1/4” square (closed)
- Cardstock (Bazzill): Spring Willow Med.; Blush Red Dk., Suede Brown Dk. and Lt.; Vanilla Cream Prismatics; Gray Teal
- Jovial Collection papers (BasicGrey)
- Pearls, Crystals, Flowers (Prima)
- Brass brads (Creative Impressions)
- Red/white dot ribbon
- Cotton twine
- Green button
- Photos, 3-1/2” square, five
- Stamps (Impression Obsession): Handmade and Family clear sets; Flourishes and Music Cover-a-Card stamps
- ColorBox ink pads (Clearsnap): Toffee; Dk. Brown; Lipstick Red
- Big Shot die-cutting system and Bigz dies (Sizzix): Snowflake; Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes
- Scor-Pal scoring board (Scor-Pal)
- Paper piercer
- Adhesives: 3-D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon)
- 1. Cut six 3-3/4” coordinated paper squares; cut in half point to point to create right triangles. Cut cardstock squares as follows: four 4” light teal; six 4” cream, cutting in half to create right triangles; two 3-1/4” cream; two 3-5/8” light brown.
- 2. Cut four photos in half, keeping desired portions for album. Keep fifth family photo intact.
- 3. Cut three 8-1/2” squares, one dk. red and two lt. green. Score each square in half both ways to create a big “+” sign on cardstock. Turn and score cardstock once diagonally, creating two 4-1/4” squares and four 4-1/4” right triangles, two each in two opposite corners.
- 4. Place red square on point; adhere green squares to each side, completely overlapping 4-1/4” squares on both sides of red piece. Refer to inside photo as a guide. Still on point, fold green squares in half toward you to create two valley folds through center of squares; unfold. Fold red square in half away from you to create a mountain fold in center of book.
- 5. Mat paper triangles on cream triangles; adhere to book triangles. Adhere photo triangles to four spaces, using inside photo as a guide.
- 6. For album covers, stamp Toffee music background on cream panels and mat on teal. Die cut paper snowflakes and adhere with foam squares. Add pearls and crystals. Insert brads at corners of panels. Adhere panel corners to covers using foam squares.
- 7. Stamp large photo with dk. brown and red sentiment; mat on tan and teal squares. Add dk. brown die-cut flourish, pearls and crystals; adhere square inside album.
- 8. Stamp remaining tan square with red flourishes background; mat on teal square. Embellish in same way as photo square, adding flowers. Adhere inside album.
- 9. Fold book so first green panel’s triangles fold in right sides together, the red panel’s triangles fold in wrong sides together, and the second green panel’s triangles fold in right sides together. Thread ribbon beneath covers and tie small bow at side to close album.
- 10. Cut 1-7/8”x2-3/8” cream cardstock strip; trim into tag. Stamp Toffee music and red sentiment seal. Mat on teal and punch hole at top. Tie to ribbon with twine. Embellish tag.
by Keri Lee Sereika