Take Time to Laugh Bowl & Mug
Steer away those mid-winter sniffles with a steaming mug of homemade soup served along with a friendly reminder to enjoy the lighter side of life.
- Ceramic items: bowl, 7” diameter; mug with saucer, 3-3/4” tall
- Plaid Apple Barrel Gloss Paints: Black, Beachcomber Beige, Mossy Green, Deep Purple, White
scissors, pencil, transfer paper, paper plate (for palette)
- Paintbrushes: round brush, flat brush
- Plaid Bottle Top Tip Writers (30728)
- 1. Wash and dry ceramic items. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer vine pattern randomly around bottom of bowl and on mug.
- 2. Use round brush to paint the following: vines and leaves Mossy Green, berries on vines mix Deep Purple + White (1:1). Use flat brush to paint checkered border around bowl and saucer rims with Black and Beachcomber Beige.
- 3. Following manufacturer’s instructions, use bottle top tip and Black to free-hand paint lettering. Lightly spatter paint mug, saucer, and bowl with Black.
- 4. For increased durability, set can be baked in the oven. Follow manufacturer’s instructions on paint bottles.
- Other Options
- 1. Use fabric paint to make a matching set of place mats and napkins.
- 2. Paint design on a vase for matching centerpiece.
by Kirsten Jones