Dimensional Ink Ornaments & Card
sizes: ornament, 4"; card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”
- Glass ornaments
- Cardstock (Bazzill): Crimson; White; Raven
- White Iris Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz*
- White watercolor paper, 90-lb.
- Black Peel-offs vinyl stickers*: candles (#0355); poinsettias (#0361); Merry Christmas (#2839)
- Glitter Ritz microfine glitter*: Light Gold; Regal Red; Moss Green
- Metallic gold ribbon
- Pens (Sakura of America): Gelly Roll Metallic in Gold and Emerald; Glaze Gloss 3-D in Real Red, Deep Green and Opaque White
- Koi Water Brush (Sakura of America)
- Big Shot die-cutting system and Tim Holtz Swirls Texture Fades Embossing Folder (Sizzix)
- Detail scissors
- Adhesives: Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura of America); Be Creative double-sided tape*
- *Products by Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 1. Apply poinsettia Peel-offs to clean, dry glass ornament.
- 2. Working in one area at a time, and carefully using hair dryer to set ink before moving to next section, fill in open areas with Real Red, Deep Green and Opaque White pens; use photo as guide. Add random dots or doodles to glass as desired. Designer Tip: Add second layer of ink to any section for more intense color.
- 3. For a more sparkly look, fill sticker sections one at a time using the Quickie Glue Pen and assorted glitters. Let dry completely before carefully brushing away excess glitter. Store ornament in tissue and handle with care.
- 4. Designer Tip: Peel-offs come in gold, silver and white, too; try snowmen, birds and more. Personalize ornaments with names, dates or greetings.
- 1. Make red card base. Cut 4”x5-1/4” white piece; adhere to card. Use Metallic Gold gel pen to draw stitch lines around white cardstock edges.
- 2. Cut 3-1/2”x4-1/2” piece of White Iris paper and emboss with Swirls design. Mat panel on 3-5/8”x4-5/8” black card stock piece. Wrap ribbon around bottom of panels; adhere panels to card.
- 3. Press candle Peel-offs to watercolor paper; detail cut shapes. Color candles as follows: use water brush to fill flames with soft blend of gold gel pen ink; top of candle Opaque White; light green sections with soft blend of green gel pen ink using water brush; glittery sections with glue pen and glitter; remaining sections Real Red glaze ink. Let dry completely. Adhere to card front.
- 4. Cut 7/8”x2-3/4” white cardstock piece; cover with double-sided tape. Remove protective backing and sprinkle surface with glitter; brush away excess and press firmly into tape to create sparkly surface. Center vinyl greeting over glittered surface; adhere to card over ribbon.
by Els van de Burgt for Sakura of America