Mail, Mail Everywhere
- Oh Four Bisque: Wavy Edge Plate
- Underglazes: Concepts for Bisque and Majolica: Bright Saffron, Dark Delft, Really White, Dark Black; French Dimensions: Black Licorice, Pure White, French Straw, French Scarlet
- Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze
- Signature Brushes: No. 4 Liner, No. 6 Fan Glaze, No. 8 Round
- Adhesive-back shelf paper
- Aluminum foil
- Masking tape
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Wipe all surfaces of plate with damp sponge to remove dust.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer pattern onto shelf paper. Cut out patterns and inside of patterns, creating stencils. Remove backing from stencils; press on center of plate.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint front of plate Bright Saffron. Let dry. Turn plate over and paint back Bright Saffron. Let dry.
- 4. Remove stencils from plate. Paint mailbox and eagle Dark Delft. Let dry. Paint letters, star, and square Really White. Paint “US” and stripes French Scarlet. Let dry.
- 5. Dot stamps and add details with Black Licorice. Outline envelopes Pure White and square French Straw. Let dry.
- 6. Apply glaze on all areas of plate. Let dry.
- 7. Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
- 1. When painting, pour underglaze on aluminum foil. Apply three coats of each underglaze. Let dry between coats.
by Suzie Shinseki for Duncan Enterprises