Candy Canister Friends
size: 6” tall
- Recycled plastic M&M Mini’s containers: yellow, green, pink
- Plastic-foam balls, three 1-1/2”
- Cardstock: green, orange, white, pink
- Acrylic paints: yellow, green, pink
- Pastel print ribbon, 24” length
- Heart buttons, three
- Yellow feather
- Pink pom-pom, tiny
- Wiggle eyes, six
- Black beads, two
- Flat toothpicks, two
- Craft glue
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Remove labels from canisters.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint plastic-foam balls (heads) yellow, green, and pink. Let dry. Glue head on top of each container (body).
- 3. Print and cut out patterns.
- 4. For frog’s eyes, cut toothpick in half. Glue each toothpick between two eye circles. Insert toothpicks into head. Glue black beads (nostrils) and wiggle eyes on face and feet on bottom of body.
- 5. For bunny’s ears, glue inner ears on ears. Cut toothpick in half. Glue each toothpick between two bunny ears. Insert toothpicks into head. Glue cheeks, wiggle eyes, and pink pom-pom (nose) on face.
- 6. Glue chick’s beak and wiggle eyes on face and feet on bottom of body. Glue feather on top of head.
- 7. Measure and cut three 8” lengths of ribbon. Tie ribbon bows. Glue bows and heart buttons on front of each body.
- 8. Fill containers with candy.
- 1. If you can’t find the correct color canister for the character of your choice, use sponge scrap and two coats of acrylic paint for yellow chick, green frog, and pink bunny!
by Pam Sicely