Plastic Lace Bird Nests
- FOR EACH:
- Plastic lace, in colors of choice
- Wooden stick
- Yellow pom-poms, two
- Orange felt, scrap
- Black beads, two
- Hemp or jute twine, 24” length
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. For chick, use tacky glue to glue two yellow pom-poms together. Cut two 1/2” triangles (beak) and two 1/2” half-circles (wings) from orange felt. Glue beak on head and wings on sides of body. Glue beads (eyes) above beak. Let dry.
- 2. For nest, measure and cut three 36” lengths of plastic lace in colors of choice. Braid three strands together. Use glue gun to spot glue ends together.
- 3. Coil braided plastic-lace into nest shape. Use glue gun to spot glue ends together. Let dry. Cut 4” plastic-lace length. Wrap length around nest; knot ends. Glue chick inside nest.
- 4. Measure and cut 24” length of plastic lace. Wrap lace around center of stick; tie ends to secure. Glue nest in center of stick.
- 5. For hanger, measure and cut two 12” lengths of hemp or jute twine. Wrap each length around end of stick; knot ends together at center.
- 1. Adults, help kids when using glue gun.
- 1. Skip the sticks and make nests as fun place-markers or table favors!
by Melony Bradley