Sidewalk Chalk Eggs
- FOR CHALK:
- Plastic eggs
- Plaster of Paris
- Tempura paints: pink, blue, green, yellow
- Petroleum jelly
- Craft glue
- FOR CHALK HOLDER:
- Recycled small egg carton
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Baby Blue, Lamp Black
- Marvy Uchida Opaque Stix Marker: White
- Shredded paper (for filler)
- Sponge scrap
- Measuring cups
- Paper towels
- Craft sticks
- Disposable paper cups
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to coat inside of plastic eggs with petroleum jelly.
- 2. For each egg, mix one cup Plaster of Paris with 1/2 cup water in disposable cup. Use craft stick to stir mixture. Add three teaspoons of tempura paint. Mix well. Pour mixture into egg halves. Place egg halves in carton; let set. Let dry 24 hours.
- 3. Carefully remove chalk halves from plastic eggs. Glue chalk halves together. Let dry 24 hours.
- 4. For chalk holder, paint egg carton Baby Blue and inside top of carton Lamp Black. Use white marker to write “Happy Easter” on inside top of carton. Let dry.
- 5. Fill holder with shredded paper or Easter grass. Add silk flowers if desired. Position chalk eggs inside holder.
by Melony Bradley