Bunny & Cart Basket
size: 10” tall
- Recycled items: square tissue box, 2L soda bottle
- Dow STYROFOAM: 3” ball, 1”4-1/2”x9” rectangle
- Craft foam: white, pink, yellow
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Paints: White Wash, Bubblegum Pink, Baby Blue, Olive Green; Writers: White, Lavender, Yellow
- Ribbon: yellow, green/white polkadot
- White yarn, small amount
- Yellow rickrack
- Pom-poms: one pink, two white
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Sponge scrap
- Plastic knife
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. For bunny’s body, measure 6” from top of 2L bottle. Mark around bottle. Cut top portion from bottle; recycle bottom portion. On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to paint top portion of bottle White Wash. Use sponge scrap to paint 4” oval (tummy) in center of bottle Bubblegum Pink. Let dry.
- 2. For cart, measure 4” from bottom of tissue box. Mark around box. Cut top portion from box; use bottom portion for cart. Use sponge scrap to paint cart Baby Blue. Let dry. Use White writer to add dots on box.
- 3. For feet, use plastic knife to cut “v” shape from one end of foam rectangle. (Designer cut rectangle from purchased disc.) Round feet and add paw lines. Use paintbrush to paint bottom 1/2” (grass) under feet Olive Green and remaining areas on rectangle.
- 4. Glue cart and bunny on grass. Glue foam ball (head) on neck of soda bottle. Paint cheeks Bubblegum Pink. Glue eyes, pink pom-pom (nose), and two white pom-poms (muzzle) on face.
- 5. Print and cut out patterns. Paint ears and arms White Wash. Paint inside ears Bubblegum Pink. Let dry. Glue inner ears on ears.
- 6. Use plastic knife to cut slits in top of head above eyes. Glue ears in slits. Glue arms on sides of body. For hair, glue yarn on top of head.
- 7. For wheels, measure and cut two 2-3/4” pink and two 1-1/4” yellow craft foam circles. Glue yellow circles on pink circles. Use Lavender and Yellow writers to decorate wheels. Glue wheels on sides of cart.
- 8. Glue yellow rickrack around top edges of cart. Let dry.
- 9. Measure and cut two 7” yellow ribbon lengths. Glue each length behind wheel and over top of bunny arm. Tie green/white polka-dot ribbon bow; glue on neck.
by Sandy Rollinger