Spring Chick Banner
- White canvas or heavy fabric, 14”x26”
- Felt: orange, yellow, black
- Ribbon: orange, yellow
- Yellow feathers, six
- Wooden dowel, 3/8”x18”
- Adhesive-back foam letters or print paper and die-cut letters
- Aleene’s Crystal Clear Tacky Spray
- Straight pins
- 1. Measure and cut 14”x26” white canvas rectangle. On covered work surface, position canvas with wrong side facing up. Spray tacky glue on wrong side of canvas. Position dowel across center of canvas, leaving 2” of dowel on each side. Fold canvas over dowel. Let dry.
- 2. Use pinking shears to trim sides and bottom of canvas.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. For legs, cut two 10” yellow ribbon and two 10” orange ribbon lengths. Glue orange ribbon lengths on center of yellow ribbon lengths. Let dry.
- 4. Glue feet circles on feet and feet on bottom of legs. Glue body on center of canvas, beak and eyes on body, and three feathers (wings) on each side of body.
- 5. Cut “Happy Easter” from print paper using die-cut alphabet letters. Glue letters on canvas. Or, press adhesive-back foam letters on canvas.
- 6. Measure and cut two 2”x4” orange felt rectangles. Glue rectangles on dowel ends. Fringe ends.
- 7. For hanger, measure and cut four 36” ribbon lengths. Gather ribbon lengths together; knot ends. Tie ribbon ends around dowel ends.
by Debbie Rines for Duncan Enterprises