- Red or beige ticking stripe fabric, 1/4 yd.
- Burlap scraps
- Red or brown glittered ribbon, 3/8", 10" length
- Bottle cap (available in scrapbooking supply section)
- Glittered circle or star buttons, 1/2", two
- CRYSTALLIZED Elements by Swarovski: Siam Round: 4mm, 6mm; Olivine Round, 8mm
- Freshwater pearl, 5mm
- Silver Jump Rings (Beadalon), 10mm, three
- Headpin (Beadalon), 1" long
- Vintage image or sticker of choice
- Alphabet stamps, 1"
- Black pigment ink
- Lite Steam-a-Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Polyfill fiberfill stuffing (Fairfield Processing)
- Pliers (Beadalon): Chain-Nose; Round Nose
- Circle punch, 1"
- Sewing needle
- Sewing machine and black thread
- Heavy-duty hole punch or drill with 1/16" drill bit
- Iron and pressing board
- Aleene's (iLoveToCreate): Fabric Fusion; Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Cut two 4-1/2"x6" rectangles from ticking fabric with 1/2" seam allowance, pressing and pinning as needed. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse webbing to burlap. Trim to 2"x2-1/2" rectangle. Stamp first one or two letters onto one ticking rectangle in center. Fuse burlap for position of second or third letter and stamp. Finish desired word.
- 2. Machine sew edges of burlap rectangle with black thread. With right sides of rectangles facing, sew together, leaving bottom open for turning. Turn right sides out and lightly stuff. Whip stitch bottom closed.
- 3. Double ribbon and glue to top of pillow for hanger. Glue buttons over ribbon ends.
- 4. Use circle punch to punch out vintage image. Adhere image inside bottle cap. Use heavy-duty hole punch or drill holes at top and bottom of bottle cap. Use chain-nose pliers to open one jump ring and glue under one button. Let dry.
- 5. Thread one bead each onto head pin. Use round-nose pliers to bend and loop end. Open one jump ring and insert into formed loop. Insert remaining end into hole at bottom of bottle cap to attach beaded head pin. Close jump ring. Open remaining jump ring and use to attach bottle cap charm to glue jump ring under button.
by Melony Bradley