Message In A Bottle Favors
size: 7-1/4" tall
- Recycled plastic bottle
- Cork stopper (to fit bottle)
- Skinny wrapped candy (Designer used Tootsie Roll)
- Darice Foamies Glitter Foam Sheets: Skull and Crossbones, Hearts
- Print paper, in patterns of choice
- Ribbon or hemp, 24” length
- Sand or plastic rhinestones, small amount
- Paper glue
- Drill and small bit
- Black marker
- Rubber bands
- 1. Wash and dry bottle. Remove labels. Cut bottle top from bottle.
- 2. Use hand drill to drill small hole through center of cork stopper (for ribbon or hemp to fit through).
- 3. Measure and cut 2”x9” print paper strip. Wrap strip around bottle; glue ends. Use rubber bands to hold strip in place while drying.
- 4. For message, measure and cut 3-1/2”x5” print rectangle. Use marker to write message on rectangle and outline edges. Roll message around candy.
- 5. Measure and cut 24” length of ribbon or hemp. Wrap length around center of candy; knot ends. Thread other length through hole in cork; knot ends on top.
- 6. Fill bottle with sand (for pirate) or rhinestones (for heart). Press foam stickers on outside of bottle as desired.
- 7. Position cork on top of bottle so candy/message hangs inside.
- 1. Adults, help kids when using hand drill.
by Melony Bradley