Gift Card Jar
Worried that a gift card may not be so personal? Be creative by presenting your card inside this adorable snowman to show that time and heart went into creating their unique gift.
- Recycled glass jar (with wide mouth)
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Ball, 3” diameter
- Wooden teardrop, medium
- White construction paper, scrap
- Black felt, scrap
- Chenille glitter stem
- Metal office clip
- Red gingham ribbon, 12” length
- Wiggle eyes, two
scissors, ruler, paintbrushes, toothpick, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface), plastic spoon or spatula
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Sapphire, Jack-O’-Lantern Orange
- DecoArt: Glistening Snow-Tex, Duraclear Varnish
- Snowflake paper punch
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. On covered work surface, insert toothpick into bottom of foam ball (head). Use spatula or spoon to apply snow texture on head. Let dry. Use spatula to apply snow texture on side of jar. Let dry.
- 2. Paint lid blue. Let dry. Apply varnish. Paint wooden teardrop (nose) orange. Let dry. Use black marker to outline nose.
- 3. Punch snowflakes from white copy paper. Adhere snowflakes onto side of jar.
- 4. Cut two mitten shapes from black felt. Adhere mittens onto sides of jar.
- 5. Adhere nose and wiggle eyes on head. Let dry. Cut small piece from bottom of head (so head sits flat). Adhere head onto top of lid.
- 6. Insert chenille stem end through loop on office clip. Adhere other chenille stem end onto bottom of lid. Attach gift card on office clip. Replace lid on jar.
- 7. For scarf, tie ribbon around jar. Knot ends.
by Melony Bradley