Bluebird House Mobile
- Recycled half gallon square milk carton
- Polyform Sculpey: Premo! Accents: Blue Glitter, Yellow Translucent, Purple Pearl; Premo! Clay: Black
- Wiggle eyes, two (for each bird)
- Ribbon: green polka dot, blue satin
- Polyform Sculpey: NDC 60 plastic cutting tool, Acrylic Roller
- Clay flower cutters or flower cookie cutters
- Krylon Glitter Blast: Citrus Dream
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Use ruler to measure 5" from top of milk carton. Cut off lower portion and recycle. Spray top portion Citrus Dream. Let dry.
- 2. Roll Blue Glitter, Purple Pearl, and Black clays on plastic placemat to 1/4" thickness. Use flower cutters to cut out four blue and three purple flowers. Roll balls of Yellow Translucent clay and press on center of each flower. Cut 1" Black circle for birdhouse entrance; flatten.
- 3. Print out pattern. Position bird pattern on Blue Glitter clay and use plastic cutting tool to trace and cut out four birds and two wings (for each bird).
- 4. Press Yellow Translucent triangle beak on body and Yellow Translucent oval feet on body. Adults, help kids when baking clay pieces in oven. Bake clay pieces on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven following manufacturer's instructions. Let cool.
- 5. Cut 12" ribbon length (for hanger); glue ends under folded portion of carton peak. Let dry. Glue 4" and 5" lengths of ribbon on birds. Let dry. Glue wings on each side of body. Let dry. Glue wiggle eyes on each side of bird.
- 6. Glue other end of ribbon on birds to outside of carton; let dry. Cut ribbon long enough to fit around perimeter of carton. Glue ribbon onto carton covering ends of blue ribbon. Let dry. Glue black entrance and flowers onto carton front.
by Sandy Rollinger