Angels in Pastel Cross-Stitch Ornaments
size of finished designs: green and violet angels, 1-7/8”x1-3/4”; pink and blue angels, 2-1/4”x1-3/4”; stitch counts: green and violet angels, 27 w x 25 h; pink and blue angels, 33 w x 25 h
- Wichelt Imports 28-count Antique White Jobelan (429-01)
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Kreinik Silver (001) #8 Braid
- Kreinik Blending Filament: Pearl (032); Gold (002HL)
Backstitch : 1 or 2 strands (see directions)
Cross-stitch : 2 strands
scissors, needle, q-snap or hoop
- 1. Center each angel on piece of fabric. Cross-stitch design over two strands floss. When using Kreinik #8 Braid, use one strand. When stitching halo on each angel, combine two strands of DMC 744 Yellow-Pale with one strand of Kreinik Blending Filament 002HL Gold to complete each stitch.
- 2. Backstitch body, head, and halo on each angel with one strand DMC 3799 Pewter Gray–VY DK. Backstitch details on body with corresponding DMC color of each angel with one strand floss. Backstitch wings with combination of two strands of corresponding DMC color of each angel and one strand Kreinik Blending Filament 032 Pearl.
- 3. Finish design into square fabric ornaments or as desired.
by Jennifer Rodriguez for Always Time to Stitch