Winter-White Fabric Bracelet
- White ribbon, 3/4”x7-1/2”
- Winter white polyester sheer organza ribbon, 2-1/2”x14”
- Cousin: Oval Silver-Link Chain, 21”; Crystal Bicones, 6mm, six; Almond Pearls, 6mm, 12
- White felt, 3/4”x7”
- White cotton fabric, 1”x2”
scissors, ruler, straight pins, steam iron and ironing cloth, craft mat, needle and thread
- Heat embossing tool
- Tulip Beads in a Bottle
- Adhesives: VELCRO Brand Fabric Fusion Tape; Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
- 1. Determine length of white ribbon for bracelet by measuring wrist and adding 1-1/2” to measurement. Cut ribbon for bracelet.
- 2. Cut two 1/2” fusion tape (one hook, one loop) pieces for closure. Remove clear backing from fusion tape; place adhesive side of hook tape on front side of one ribbon end. Place loop tape on back side of other ribbon end. Cover area of ribbon to be fused with ironing cloth. Using polyester setting on iron, follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse fusion tape onto ribbon.
- 3. Position organza ribbon on craft mat on work surface. Use heat embossing tool to curl edges of ribbon.
- 4. Use needle and thread to gather organza ribbon and sew to outside of ribbon bracelet. Fray edges of white cotton fabric. Position bracelet on wrist and mark center with straight pin. Position white cotton rectangle on center of bracelet; attach to bracelet by sewing across center.
- 5. Fold oval chain in thirds; secure to bracelet base with straight pins. Use needle and thread to attach chain onto bracelet. Sew 12 pearls randomly on bracelet, making sure to embed them in between oval chain. Sew six crystals over white fabric rectangle.
- 6. Adhere felt to inside of bracelet using fabric glue. Let dry.
- 7. Randomly dot organza ribbon with bead paint. Let dry.
by Carol Heppner