Double Figure-Eight Bracelet & Earrings
sizes: bracelet, 7-1/2”; earrings, 3”
- Rio Grande Brass Wire, 18-gauge
- Beads4All.etsy.com Antique Brass Findings: Headpins, 2”, two; Jump Rings, 7mm, two; Toggle Clasp; Kidney Ear Wires, two
- Connie Crystal Round Crystal Beads, 12mm, six
- Beadalon: Flush Cutters, Round-Nose Pliers, Chain-Nose Pliers, Nylon Hammer
- Rio Grande Midas Black/Brown Patina
- 1. Use flush cutters to cut seven 4” lengths and six 3” lengths of brass wire.
- 2. Use chain-nose pliers and round-nose pliers to create simple loop at end of each 3” wire length, creating custom eye pins. Thread crystal bead onto each eye pin. Use chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers, and flush cutters to create simple loop at other end of each eye pin, creating beaded links.
- 3. Use round-nose pliers to create loop at end of 4” wire length. Position round-nose pliers just below loop and wrap in opposite direction around base of round-nose pliers to create figure eight crossing over center of figure eight. Position pliers again just past loop and wrap around base of pliers again to create third loop. Position pliers one last time just below loop and wrap in opposite direction around base to create second figure eight crossing over center of second figure eight. Use flush cutter to trim wire end; tuck in to create double figure-eight link. Hammer entire link very gently to harden, taking care not to strike center where wires cross one another.
- 4. Repeat Step 3 six more times. Set two links aside for pair of earrings.
- 5. Use pliers to open one jump ring; thread on one half of toggle clasp and one double figure-eight wire link. Close jump ring.
- 6. Use pliers to open one end of crystal beaded-link; thread onto other end of wire link and close loop.
- 1. Thread crystal bead onto headpin. Bend headpin at 45º angle and trim to approximately 1/2” length. Use round-nose pliers to create simple loop.
- 2. Open loop on crystal bauble; attach to one wire link created in steps above and set aside. Close loop.
- 3. Thread wire link onto kidney ear wire. Pinch ear wire closed around wire link. Repeat for other earring.
by Keri Lee Sereika