Purple Knit Cowl
size: 11”; finished measurement: 23” circumference
- Vickie Howell Sheep(ish) for Bernat Yarn: Plumish (0005), Coral(ish) (0014)
BO = bind off
CO = cast on
k = knit
p = purl
rep = repeat
RS = right side
st(s) = stitch(es)
- Knitting needles, US 8 (5mm)
- Tapestry needle
- 1. 12 sts x 8 rows = 4” in garter stitch (knit every row).
- Cowl Note
- 1. Plum(ish) (A) and Coral(ish) (B) throughout.
- 1. With A, CO 92 sts.
- 2. Rows 1-8: *K2, p2; rep from * to end.
- 3. Row 9 (RS): With A, knit.
- 4. Row 10: Knit.
- 5. Row 11: With B, knit.
- 6. Row 12: Knit.
- 7. Rows 13-26: Continuing in established stripe pattern, rep Rows 9-12 four more times.
- 8. Rows 28-29: Repeat Rows 9-10 once more.
- 9. Rows 30-38: With A, *k2, p2; rep from * to end. BO.
- 1. Weave in ends. Using yarn and tapestry needle, seam side edges together to create tube.
by Vickie Howell for Bernat Yarns