Holiday Friends Frame Trio
size: 5-1/4”x7-1/4” (3-1/4”x5-1/4” opening)
- Ikea Wooden Frames, three
- Cardstock: X-Press It Blending Card, Stampin’ Up! Bravo Burgundy
- Echo Park Paper Co. Season’s Greetings Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Antique copper brads: mini, large
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, foam paintbrush, fine-grit sandpaper, paper towels, paper piercer and mat
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Prima Donna, Fancy Flourish, Simply Scallops Small
- EK tools Punches: 1/4” circle, 3/8” scalloped circle
- Sewing machine and cream thread
- My Favorite Things Stamps: Pure Innocence Collection Christmas Caroler, Holly Girl, Stocking Girl; Typewriter Alphabet
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: E00, E09, E11, BV000, R20, Y21, YR23, E31, E33, E35, E50, E51, R89, YG03, YG17, G46
- Pens: .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Wine Multiliner 0.1, Sakura of America Clear Glaze Pen
- Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paints: Putty, Root Beer Float
- Adhesives: X-Press It High Tack 1/4” Foam Tape, clear dots
- 1. Remove back and glass from frames; save glass for future project.
- 2. Using foam brush, paint frames Putty; let dry. Apply Root Beer Float paint over Putty; let dry.
- 3. Lightly sand all frame edges; wipe dust with damp paper towel.
- 4. Turn frames over and adhere foam tape around openings. Do not remove backing strip from tape.
- 5. Cut burgundy cardstock to fit frame backs.
- 1. Cut and adhere 2-3/4”x4-1/2” cream paper panel to center of burgundy cardstock. Zig-zag stitch paper edges.
- 2. Die cut burgundy scalloped strip and adhere across bottom of cream panel; trim ends even.
- 3. Cut 3/4”-wide plaid paper strip and 1/4”-wide burgundy strip. Adhere plaid strip over scalloped strip, tucking thin burgundy strip beneath upper edge. Trim ends even.
- 4. Cut 3/8”-wide burgundy strip and adhere over plaid strip; trim ends even.
- 5. Pierce hole at each point between scallops; insert mini brads.
- 6. Stamp girl holding candle onto Blending Card. Color image with markers. Add shine to candle with clear glaze pen; let dry.
- 7. Stamp dress and boots again onto burgundy patterned papers; detail cut clothing. Adhere pieces to main image, adding small piece of foam tape beneath center edge of dress to add dimension.
- 8. Detail cut girl and adhere to paper panel.
- 9. Stamp alphabet letters (peace) onto Blending Card scrap. Punch letters into 1/4” circles. Punch 3/8” scalloped circle mats from burgundy cardstock. Adhere letters to mats.
- 10. Remove backing from foam tape and adhere assembled panel into frame, centering panel in frame before securing it to tape. Replace frame backing.
- 11. Die cut one flourish and two leaves from green paper, one flower base and one flower center from burgundy cardstock, and one honeycomb patterned flower piece. Assemble flower, securing center with large brad. Adhere pieces to frame with clear dots.
- 1. Position letters on cream panel but do not adhere them. Shift each letter down slightly and use wine marker and straight edge to draw “strings.” Draw bow on each strip. Adhere letters to ends of strings.
- 1. Follow directions for Peace frame, substituting girl holding stocking stamp for girl holding candle.
- 2. Use honeycomb paper for strip, striped paper for pajamas, and red flourish paper for stocking. Adhere stocking, then pajamas, to main image. Add shading to pajamas and stocking with gray marker.
- 3. Highlight heart-shaped barrette with clear glaze pen; let dry.
- 4. Add “joy” sentiment. Adhere dimensional flower, leaves, and flourish.
- 1. Follow directions for Peace frame, substituting snowflake paper for cream paper, and girl holding holly stamp for girl holding candle.
- 2. Use red flourish paper for strip; use green gingham for dress.
- 3. Highlight berries with clear glaze pen; let dry.
- 4. Add “love” sentiment. Adhere dimensional flower, omitting leaves and flourish.
- 1. Substitute little boys, snowmen, pets, or angels for the little girl stamps.
by Michele Boyer