Fanciful Flowers Necklace
- Paper flowers, in various sizes
- Cousin: Antique Gold chain; Antique Gold Starter Pack; Classic Pearl Elegance beads: 8mm Round Rose, 8mm Round Glass Turquoise Pearl, 6mm Round Glass Ecru Pearl; Clear Monfilament #8
- Alumilite Corp.: Amazing Mold Putty, Amazing Casting Resin
paintbrushes, rubber gloves, scissors
- Jacquard Products: Lumiere Paints: Pearlescent Turquoise, Bright Gold, Pearlescent Magenta, Halo Blue Gold, Crimson; Pearl Ex Powdered Pigment Interference: Blue, Solar Gold; Pearl Ex Varnish
- Cousin: Precision Comfort Round-Nose Pliers, Needle-Nose Pliers, Wire Cutters
- Hand drill with 1/16" bit
- 1. Mix Amazing Mold Putty following manufacturer's instructions. Press paper flower into mold. Use tip of round-nose pliers to make sure each petal is pressed into mold. Repeat step for remaining small paper flower. Allow mold to set for approx. 20 minutes. Remove flowers from molds. Use small amount water to remove residue. Gently pat mold dry.
- 2. Mix Amazing Casting Resin following manufacturer's instructions. Slowly pour resin into mold. Once resin has set, remove it from mold. Repeat for remaining flower.
- 3. Paint small flower petals Magenta and center Halo Blue Gold. Let dry. Lightly brush coat of Crimson on petals. Paint large flower petals Turquoise and center Bright Gold. Apply Interference Blue powder on petals and Solar Gold powder on center. Let dry. Apply varnish on flowers. Let dry.
- 4. Drill two holes on each end of flower petals and two holes in centers of flowers.
- 5. Thread monofilament through center holes and through three pearls. Tie pearls off on back of flower. Repeat for each flower.
- 6. Place one jump ring into each hole on petals. Attach small flowers to large flower with additional jump ring.
- 7. Thread the following onto eye pin: blue seed bead, pink pearl, blue seed bead, ecru pearl, blue seed bead, pink pearl, blue seed bead. Form loop at end and secure to jump ring on pink flower. Repeat for other flower. Cut two 7" chain lengths. Secure eye pin onto each end of chain.
- 8. Attach jump rings on ends of chain length. Attach clasp on one end of chain and toggle on other end.
by Niki Meiners