Candy Corn Garland
Paint this Candy Corn Garland to brighten a porch, decorate a classroom, or create a fun and festive atmosphere for your Halloween party. This quick-and-easy clay pot activity is a fun way for kids to help with the Halloween decorations!
- Terra cotta pots, 2", four
- Plaid Enterprises Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints: Harvest Orange, Yellow, White, Black
- Toner Plastics Marshmallow Fun Wire, 18-gauge, 40” length
ruler, paintbrush, stencil brush, paper towel, paper plate (for palette), newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Black permanent fine-line marker
- Beacon Adhesives Quick Grip All Purpose Adhesive
- 1. Using photo as guide, paint rim of pots Harvest Orange, paint a 7/8” section above rim Yellow, and remaining area White. Let dry. See Figures 1, 2, 3, and 4. Use marker to draw a face on one side of each yellow section; outline edges as shown. For nose, dip handle end of paintbrush into Harvest Orange and touch to face; dry brush cheeks. (Note: To dry brush, dip stencil brush into paint, stroke on paper towel until almost dry, and brush surface in a circular motion.) (see photos)
- 2. To assemble the garland, bend and curl wire randomly. Position pots along wire, spacing each approximately 8” apart. Insert 1-1/2” length of wire into top of pots; curl up wire on inside and adhere in place. Form a 1” long loop at each end of wire and twist to secure.
by Paula Bales