Random Acts of Kindness Idea Jar
size: 8" tall
- Recycled glass jar with lid
- Wooden letters: R, A, K
- Pink felt, 6" square
- Construction paper: pink, black, white
- Black/white polka dot ribbon, 12" length
scissors, ruler, black marker, sponge scrap, plastic bowl, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Lamp Black
- Tulip Fashion Glitter: Black
- Hole punch
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. On covered work surface, paint lid and wooden letters Lamp Black. Let dry. In plastic bowl, mix water with glue to 1:1 ratio. Use sponge scrap to apply mixture on letters. While still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- 2. Draw 5" heart shape on pink felt. Cut out heart. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim edges if desired. Glue heart on side of jar. Glue wooden letters to spell "RAK" on center of heart. Let dry.
- 3. Cut 3" heart shapes from pink paper. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim edges if desired. Use black marker to write "Random Acts of Kindness" ideas on center of pink hearts. Fold hearts in half. Fill jar with hearts.
- 4. For tag, measure and cut 3" black paper circle and 2" white paper circle. Glue white circle on center of black circle. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim around circle edges. Use hole punch to punch hole on top of circle. Use black marker to write "heartfelt ideas" on center of white circle.
- 5. Measure and cut 12" ribbon length. Insert ribbon end through hole on tag. Wrap ribbon length around top of jar; knot ends.
by Melony Bradley