Daniel in the Lion's Den Puppets
size: dan, 8"; lion, 10"
- Wooden spoons, two
- Construction paper or cardstock: tan, lt. brown, dk. brown, black
- Jute twine, 24" length
- Wiggle eyes, four
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Paints: Poodleskirt Pink, Toffee, Mink Tan; Writers: Bubblegum Pink, Black, White
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print and cut out patterns.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint one spoon Toffee (Daniel) and one spoon Mink Tan (Lion). Let dry. Dot cheeks Poodleskirt Pink. Use Bubblegum Pink writer to draw Daniel's nose, Black writer to draw mouths, Lion's muzzle, and eyebrows, and White writer to highlight dot cheeks and draw Lion's teeth. Paint Lion's inner ears Toffee. Let dry.
- 3. Glue eyes on faces. Let dry.
- 4. For Daniel's shirt, cut small lengths of jute twine. Glue jute lengths on shirt, creating fringe, and on center of shirt (for belt). Glue arms on back of shirt and shirt on center of body. Let dry.
- 5. For Lion's mane, cut slits on mane and glue mane on body. Cut small jute twine lengths; glue jute on mane. Wrap jute twine around spoon handle; glue ends.
- 6. Glue Lion's inner ears onto ears. Glue ears on top of mane.
by Sandy Rollinger