Paper Bag Dinos
- Green paper bag
- Construction paper: green, lt. green
- Wooden shapes: circles, teardrops
- Purple eyelash yarn, small amount
- Wiggle eyes, two
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Citron Green, Kelly Green, Lamp Black, Snow White, Dioxazine Purple, Santa Red
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. On covered work surface, paint: two large circles (eyes) and two small circles (nostrils) Citron Green or Lamp Black, six teardrops (fingernails) Lamp Black or Snow White, and four teardrops (teeth) Snow White or one teardrop (tongue) Santa Red. Let dry.
- 2. Use black marker to outline green, red, and white shapes.
- 3. For face, measure and draw 6-1/2"-long oval on green or lt. green paper. Cut out face. Cut face in half. Position green paper bag, with wrong side facing up, on work surface. Glue face pieces on bottom flap of bag, aligning mouth pieces with bag crease.
- 4. Glue teeth or tongue between mouth pieces. Let dry.
- 5. For arms, measure and cut two 4" squares from green or lt. green paper. Glue arms on sides of body. Glue fingernails on ends of arms.
- 6. Glue eyes, nostrils, and hair on head. Glue wiggle eyes on eyes.
- 7. For spots, dab eraser end of pencil into Dioxanzine Purple or Snow White paint. Add highlight dots to body and cheeks. Let dry.
by Melony Bradley