The Princess & The Aliens
- Recycled toilet paper tubes
- Felt: green, orange, blue, black, red, white, pink, purple, hot pink
- Black chenille stem
- Wiggle eyes
- Pom-poms: green, blue
- Sequins or rhinestones, assorted colors and shapes
- Ribbon, 8" lengths: two purple, one pink
- Paper doilies: pink, white
- Yellow yarn, small amount
scissors, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Tulip 3-D Fashion Paint: Teal Slick, Pink Slick, Black Slick
- Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- 1. Print and cut out patterns.
- 2. Measure and cut felt rectangle to cover paper tubes. Glue felt rectangles around tubes.
- 3. For alien arms, measure and cut 6"-long felt strips. Cut chenille stem length in half; glue each half on center of arms (to reinforce). Glue arms on sides of body. Glue hands on ends of arms.
- 4. For princess arms, cut white paper doily in half. Glue each half on sides of body.
- 5. For aliens, glue heads on top of bodies. Glue antennae, eyes, pom-poms (noses), mouths, and teeth on heads. Let dry. For princess hair, glue small amount yellow yarn on either side of head. Tie ribbon bows around hair. Glue crown on top of hair. Glue rhinestones and heart on crown. Let dry.
- 6. On covered work surface, use Black Slick to dot princess eyes and Pink Slick to draw mouth and cheeks on face. Let dry.
- 7. For aliens, glue felt circles, triangles, and stripes on bodies. Add Teal Slick highlights on shapes. Let dry.
- 8. For princess, wrap white and pink doilies around center of body. Glue ribbon around top. Let dry.
by Cheryl Ball for iLoveToCreate, a Duncan Enterprises Co.