Critter Heart Cards
- Craft foam: tan, white, lt. pink, bright pink, red
- Felt: brown, bright pink, red, black
- Construction paper: red, pink, lt. pink
- Flat-backed rhinestones or sequins
- Wiggle eyes, four
- Ribbon, two 12" lengths
- Glue Dots International: Continuous Line Glue Dots, Mini Glue Dots, Craft Glue Dots, Pop Up Glue Dots
- 1. Fold 8-1/2"x11" red paper rectangle (pig) and 8-1/2"x11" pink paper rectangle (dog) in half to create card shape.
- 2. For pig, measure and cut heart shapes as follows: 4" head and two 1/2" ears from lt. pink craft foam, 2-1/2"-wide nose from bright pink felt, two 2" inner ears from bright pink craft foam, and 1/2" nostrils from red felt.
- 3. For dog, measure and cut heart shapes as follows: 4" head from tan craft foam, 4" ears from brown felt, 3-1/2" muzzle from white craft foam and from tan craft foam, 2" tongue from bright pink felt, 1-1/2" nose from black felt, eight 1/2" spots from red and pink craft foam. For jaw, cut one curved side of heart from muzzle piece.
- 4. Using photo as guide, use Continuous Glue Lines to attach muzzle, dog's tongue, noses, and ears on heads.
- 5. Use Craft Glue Dots to attach wiggle eyes on heads.
- 6. Use Pop Up Glue Dots to attach heads on center of card.
- 7. For pig card, use Mini Glue Dots to attach sequins, spelling "XOXO" along top edge of card. For dog card, use Craft Glue Dots to attach craft foam hearts on card.
- 8. Measure and cut two 12" ribbon lengths. Tie ribbon bows; use Mini Glue Dots to attach bows on cards.
by Gail Green for Glue Dots International