"Sweet As Can Bee"
- Construction paper or cardstock: pink, black, red, white, yellow
- Oval wiggle eyes, two
- Black cording, 12" length
- Yellow pony beads, two
scissors, ruler, black marker
- Hole punch
- Decorative-edge scissors
- API Crafter's Pick The Ultimate! Glue
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut two 1-1/4" pink paper hearts (cheeks) and four 1/4"x4-1/4" black paper strips (stripes). Use decorative-edge scissors to trim stripes.
- 2. Use black marker to outlines shapes.
- 3. Fold straight edge on top of bee, 1/4" to back edge. Glue folded edge on front of bee, aligning edges. Open bee shape and use black marker to write "YOU ARE SWEET AS CAN BEE" inside.
- 4. Glue stripes horizontally across bottom of bee. Trim edges even.
- 5. Glue red wings on white wings. Glue wings on back of bee.
- 6. Glue cheeks on head and eyes above cheeks. Use black marker to draw mouth.
- 7. For antennae, use hole punch to punch hole on top of bee. Measure and cut 8" cording length. Thread cording lengths through hole, thread pony bead on each cording length; knot on ends.
by Mary Ayres