Sammie the Skunk
size: 13-1/2" tall
- Recycled 2L plastic bottle
- Craft foam: white, black, red glitter
- White eyelash yarn, small amount
- Pink pom-pom
- Wiggle eyes, two
scissors, ruler, clothespins, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana: Writers: Black, White, Bubblegum Pink; Paints: Lamp Black
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print and cut out patterns.
- 2. On covered work surface, use black writer to add details on muzzle and tummy.
- 3. Use white marker to outline head, ears, arms, legs, and tail. Use pink marker to draw inner ears. Let dry.
- 4. Measure and cut 2" white craft foam triangle. Glue triangle on top of head. Glue small amount eyelash yarn on triangle and on inner tail.
- 5. Glue muzzle, ears, eyes, pink pom-pom (nose), and bowtie on head. Glue inner tail on tail. Let dry.
- 6. Cut top 4" from plastic bottle (body). Paint body Lamp Black. Let dry.
- 7. Measure and cut 1"-wide red glitter craft foam strip. Wrap and glue strip around top of body.
- 8. Glue head and bowtie on body. Glue tummy, arms, legs, and tail on body. Use clothespins to hold in place while drying.
by Sandy Rollinger