Sweet Surprise Cupcake
- AMACO Cloud Clay: Purple, White, Red
- Metal or plastic cupcake liner
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters, various sizes
- Acrylic brayer (or clay-dedicated rolling pin)
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. Press small White clay ball into center of cupcake liner. Smooth clay to cover edges, creating small empty area (for treats) in bottom of cupcake liner.
- 3. For icing cover, roll 2" Red clay ball. Press ball flat and form into curved half-circle shape. Position on top of cupcake liner.
- 4. For heart handle, roll two 1" Purple balls. Press balls flat. Use cookie cutter to cut or fingers to form two heart shapes. Sandwich toothpick between heart shapes; press shapes together. Roll skinny White clay log; press log around edges of heart. Let dry.
- 5. Roll five small Purple balls. Press balls flat. Use cookie cutter to cut or fingers to form five small hearts. Press hearts around icing top.
- 6. For sprinkles, roll tiny White balls. Press balls on icing top.
- 7. Insert toothpick into center of icing top. Let dry.
- 8. After cupcake is dry, remove cupcake liner.
by Michelle Zimmerman for AMACO