Jelly Bean Birdie Favor
size: 6" square
- Vellum, 3-1/2"x6"
- Ribbon: dark pink, lt. pink
- Construction paper: red, yellow
- Jelly beans
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Tulip 3-D Fashion Paint: Black Slick
- Hole punch
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. For bird's body, position vellum sheet on work surface. Fold both sides towards center, overlapping edges 1/2". Glue edges together. Let dry. Glue bottom edges together; let dry.
- 2. Fill body with shredded paper and jelly beans. Glue top edges together; let dry.
- 3. Use hole punch to punch holes on end of body.
- 4. For tail, measure and cut 12" ribbon lengths. Thread ribbon lengths through holes on end of body; knot ends around holes.
- 5. For beak, measure and cut 4" yellow paper square. Cut square diagonally in half, creating two triangles. Glue triangle on each side of body, lining up edges.
- 6. For wings, measure and cut two 5" red paper hearts.
- 7. Use Black Slick to write "You Are Tweet" on each wing. Let dry. Glue wings on either side of body.
- 8. Glue wiggle eyes above beak. Let dry.
by Pattie Donham Wilkinson for iLoveToCreate, a Duncan Enterprises Co.