Recycled Paper Bowls
- Recycled aluminum pie tin, 5"
- Recycled white paper
- Iridescent glitter
scissors, plastic bowl, water, measuring cup, sponge scrap, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Food coloring
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Cadmium Yellow, Victorian Blue, Yellow Green
- Blender and strainer
- 1. On covered work surface, rip paper into 1" squares. Put paper squares in plastic bowl. Pour water into bowl covering paper squares; let sit overnight.
- 2. To make pulp, blend three cups of paper mixture with two cups of water in blender until smooth. Add three drops of food coloring to pulp until desired color is achieved.
- 3. Pour pulp through strainer allowing water to separate from pulp mixture. Put pulp in plastic bowl. Add small amount glitter. Mix pulp and glitter with hands.
- 4. Measure 2" pulp ball and put in aluminum pie tin. Spread pulp onto bottom and sides of pie tin. Use sponge scrap to absorb excess water in pulp.
- 5. Let pulp dry in pie tin for one-two days or until completely dry.
- 6. Carefully pop pulp bowl out of pie tin. Use scissors to trim top edge if needed.
- 7. Paint Cadmium Yellow, Victorian Blue, or Yellow Green stripes on bowl. Let dry.
by Linda Valentino