Button Critter Pins
- Blumenthal Lansing Company La Mode Buttons: Red, Yellow, Black, Lt. Pink, Fuchsia, Lt. Green, Lavender
- The Kunin Group Friendly Glitterfelt, 9”x12” sheets: Black, White, Baby Pink, Fuchsia, Blue
- Seed beads: black, fuchsia, green
- Flat-backed rhinestones: black, clear, lavender, lt. green
- Black rickrack, 6” length
- Plastic-coated wire, 26-gauge, 4” length
- Metal pin backs
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue the basic stuff
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut patterns from felt.
- 2. For antenna, measure and cut 4” wire length. Bend wire ends; thread seed bead on ends. Glue antenna on top of body.
- 3. Glue buttons on bodies. See photo. Glue rhinestones on bodies and wings. Let dry.
- 4. For bee, measure and cut three 2” black rickrack lengths. Glue rickrack lengths on body (for stripes).
- 5. For ladybug, glue 16 black rhinestones on body (for spots).
- 6. For butterfly and dragonfly, glue rhinestones on body in desired pattern.
- 7. Glue pin back on back of body. Let dry.
- 1. Adults, help younger kids when cutting wire and curling antennae ends.
by Beth Watson