Yarn Chick Table Markers
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Egg, 1-7/8"x2-1/2"
- Yellow yarn
- Felt, scraps: yellow, orange
- Construction paper scraps: white, pink, blue, purple
- Orange chenille stem
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Yellow craft boa, 2" length
- Shaped paperclip: circle, triangle, or square
scissors, ruler, black marker
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print and cut out patterns.
- 2. Gently rub end of egg on work surface (to flatten). Beginning on end of egg (body), wrap and adhere yarn around body.
- 3. Adhere eyes and beak on body. Adhere wings on sides of body and boa (feathers) on top of body.
- 4. For legs and feet, measure and cut two 2"-long and two 1-1/2"-long orange chenille stem lengths. Wrap feet around legs, forming three toes. Adhere legs into body.
- 5. Straighten 1" end of paperclip; insert paperclip into top of body.
- 6. For place card, cut small paper rectangle. Use black marker to write name on place card. Insert place card in paperclip.
- 1. If working with younger kids, cut out pattern shapes ahead of time and have kids wrap yarn around eggs and decorate chicks.
by Linda Valentino