Lamb Candy Centerpiece
size: 10-1/2" tall
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: one 8" ball, two 2" balls, one 4" ball, one 6"x1" wirecut disc
- Craft foam: lt. blue, lavender, lt. green, sparkle green
- Lavender ribbon, 12" length
- Silver bell, 1/2"
- Wiggle eyes, two
- White curly yarn, small amount
- Yellow pom-poms
- Green rickrack, 8" length
scissors, ruler, plastic knife, plastic spoon, toothpicks, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Slate Grey; Crystal Craft Twinkles
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. For body, gently roll 8" foam ball on work surface (to flatten one edge). Use spoon to carefully remove small section (for candy) on opposite end of body.
- 2. Insert three toothpicks into flat side of body. Apply glue on toothpicks. Press body into disc. Let dry.
- 3. Measure and cut green rickrack same length as carved area on body. Glue rickrack around edges of carved area.
- 4. For head, insert toothpicks into 4" foam ball. Apply glue on toothpicks. Press head onto body. Let dry.
- 5. Gently cut 2" foams balls in half for muzzle, tail, and ears. On covered work surface, paint two halves Lamp Black (ears) and one half (Slate Grey) muzzle. Let dry. Insert toothpicks into tail, ears, and muzzle. Apply glue on toothpicks. Press ears and muzzle on head and tail on body. Let dry.
- 6. For grass, measure and cut 3"x8" green craft foam strip. Fringe one long edge of strip. Glue strip around bottom of disc. Let dry.
- 7. For flowers, draw flower shape on blue and lavender craft foam. Cut out flowers. Draw leaf shapes on green craft foam. Cut out leaves. Apply craft twinkles paint on flowers and leaves. Glue flowers and leaves on disc. Glue yellow pom-poms on flower centers.
- 8. Measure and cut 12" ribbon length. Thread bell onto ribbon length. Tie ribbon bow around neck.
- 9. Use black marker to draw "Y" on muzzle. Glue wiggle eyes on head. Glue white yarn (hair) on head between ears and flower on hair. Let dry.
by Sandy Rollinger