Samson & Tower of Babel
size: 9" tall
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 2" ball, 5" disc, 1"x12" rod, 3"x6" cone
- Creative Paperclay Delight Clay: White
- Jute twine
- Brown curly doll hair, small amount
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Pink powdered blush
scissors, ruler, plastic knife, black marker, cotton swab, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Bleached Sand, Bright Green, Honey Brown, Medium Flesh, Snow White
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. On covered work surface, paint disc (grass) Bright Green and cone (body) Honey Brown. Use toothpick to draw Bleached Sand lines down rod (towers). Let dry.
- 2. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Cover ball (head) in clay. Smooth edges. Let dry. Roll tiny triangle shape (nose). Press nose on head. Let dry.
- 3. Roll two 2-1/2"-long logs (arms). Form ends of logs into hands. Use toothpick to add details. Let dry.
- 4. On covered work surface, paint arms and head Medium Flesh. Let dry. Use cotton swab and pink blush to blush cheeks.
- 5. Use black marker to draw mouth and eyebrows on face. Glue eyes below eyebrows. Use toothpick and Snow White to draw teeth. Let dry.
- 6. Insert two toothpicks in bottom of body, ends of arms, and bottom of head. Press body in grass and arms and head in body. Spot glue to secure.
- 7. Glue hair on head. Measure and cut 5" jute twine length. Glue jute around head (for headband).
- 8. Use plastic knife to cut rod in half, forming two towers. Insert toothpick in bottom of towers; press towers in grass. Spot glue hands on towers.
by Sandy Rollinger