God's Footprints in the Sand
- Seashells, in assorted sizes
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Clay: Tan
- White sand
- Cardstock, scrap
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Tan acrylic paint
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Aleene's Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage Medium
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 2. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 3. Roll two Tan balls; press flat creating 1/2"-tall mound. Make fist and press into clay, creating footprint shape. Use fingerprint to press five toes in clay mound. Press seashells around footprint.
- 4. Position clay mound on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay mound in oven. Let cool completely.
- 5. On covered work surface, use paintbrush to apply decoupage medium on clay mound. Sprinkle white sand on clay mound. Let dry.
- 6. Use paintbrush to paint inside footprint tan. Let dry.
- 7. On cardstock scrap, write or print: "FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND: When you saw only one set of footprints in the sand, it was then that I carried you."
by Sandy Rollinger