Sunny Sentiments Cards
- White blank cards, 5”x7”
- The Paper Studio printed paper: Rainbow Floral, Rainbow Stripe
- Midwest Products Co., Inc.: Micro-Cut Quality Woods: Birch Plywood; Project Cork Sheets; Colored PVC Super Sheets: Orange, Cherry, Aqua; Basswood Strip
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Primary Red, Marigold, Foliage Green, Salem Blue
- Ellison Sizzix Brand Machine and Dies: Boss-O Alphabet Set, Circles #3
- EK Success Paper Shapers: Double Sunflower Punch, Flower Punch
- Paper glue
- 1. Measure and cut four 4-3/4”x6-3/4” rainbow-striped paper rectangles. Glue rectangles on card fronts.
- 2. Use machine and Circles die to cut four circles from rainbow-floral paper. Glue circles on card fronts.
- 3. Measure and cut four 7”-long basswood strips. On covered work surface, paint strips Primary Red, Foliage Green, Marigold, and Salem Blue. Let dry. Glue strips 1-3/4” from top edge on card fronts.
- 4. Use machine and Alphabet dies to cut letters for THANKS, SMILE, MISS U, and HELLO from plywood. On covered work surface, paint THANKS Foliage Green, SMILE Marigold, MISS U Salem Blue, and HELLO Primary Red. Let dry. Glue sayings on card fronts.
- 5. Use double sunflower punch to punch 12 sunflowers from cork sheet. Use flower punch to punch three aqua pvc flowers, three orange pvc flowers, and six cherry pvc flowers.
- 6. Glue cork sunflowers on each pvc flower. Let dry.
- 7. Glue flowers on card fronts.
by Debby Forshey-Choma