Sam's Hat Napkin Rings
- Recycled cardboard tubes
- Recycled cereal box
- Wooden stars, 1"
- White cardstock
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Ultra Blue Deep, Primary Red, Snow White
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. On covered work surface, measure and cut cardboard tubes into 2" sections (for ring).
- 2. For hat brims, measure and trace 2-1/2" circle on recycled cereal box. Trace 1-1/2" on center of 2-1/2" circle. Cut out 1-1/2" circle.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint half of ring and hat brims Ultra Blue Deep and wooden stars Primary Red. Let dry. Position hat brim on hat; spot glue.
- 4. Measure and cut six 1/4"x2-1/2" strips (hat stripes) and one 1/2"x6" strip (hat band) from white cardstock.
- 5. Use black marker to outline hat stripes, hat band, and stars.
- 6. Glue hat stripes on hat and hat band above hat brim. Glue star on center of hat band.
by Melony Bradley