Uncle Sam Popcorn Bucket
size: 14" tall
- Recycled large paper bucket
- Glitter craft foam: white, red, blue
- Peach craft foam, scrap
- Wooden skewers or chopsticks, three
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 3" ball
- Red jumbo rickrack, 28" length
- Silver star rhinestones, three
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Silver star stickers, 2”
scissors, ruler, cotton swab, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), spray sealer, paper towel, kitchen cleaner
- Acrylic paints: white, gold, silver
- Jacquard Lumiere Paint: Pearlescent Blue
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Pink powdered blush
- 1. Wash and dry paper bucket with paper towel and kitchen cleaner. On covered work surface, paint bucket white. Let dry. Lightly paint bucket Pearlescent Blue. Let dry.
- 2. Measure and cut rick rack same length as top and bottom edges of bucket. Adhere rick rack along edges. Press stickers on bucket. Use silver and gold paint to add details on bucket. Let dry.
- 3. For head, measure and cut from craft foam: 2-1/2"x7" white rectangle (head), 1-3/4"x2" peach rectangle (face), and small peach strip (nose). Adhere face and top half of nose on head.
- 4. For hat, cut three 1/2"x3" red glitter foam strips. Adhere stripes above face on head. For hat brim, cut 1/2"x5" blue glitter strip. Use scissors to round edges of hat brim. Adhere hat brim on hat.
- 5. Adhere eyes on face. Using photo as guide, cut mustache shape from white glitter foam; adhere on face. Adhere end of nose to mustache. Adhere rhinestones on hat. Use cotton swab and pink powdered blush to blush cheeks.
- 6. For arms, cut two tapered 1-1/2"x4" blue glitter foam rectangles. Cut and adhere 1-3/4”x1” white glitter foam rectangle (cuff) and tiny red glitter foam rectangle (cuff link) on end of each arm.
- 7. Print out pattern. Cut hands from peach craft foam. Adhere hands on ends of cuffs.
- 8. Adhere head and arms on chopsticks. Let dry.
- 9. Fill bucket with popcorn. Insert head and arms into bucket as shown.
- 1. Apply a light coat of spray sealer after painting to keep design over years.
by Sandy Rollinger