Perfect Napkin Holder
size: 7" tall
- Recycled box
- Recycled red/white plastic tablecloth
- Buttons: 3" red, 1" red
- Red/white print ribbon, 10" length
craft knife or box cutter, scissors, ruler, tape
- Craft glue
- 1. Adults, help kids when cutting box.
- 2. Tape box sides closed. Measure 2" from top of box; draw line around box. Use craft knife or box cutter to cut around box on two short sides and one long side. (Leave one long side intact for hinge.)
- 3. Use craft knife to carefully score along uncut side of box. (To aid in hinge.)
- 4. Measure and cut plastic tablecloth same-size as sides of box. Glue tablecloth sections on box.
- 5. Glue small button on back of large button. Let dry.
- 6. Use craft knife to cut hole in front of box (for small button). Spot glue button inside hole with small button on inside of box. Let dry.
- 7. Use craft knife to cut hole in center top of box. Measure and cut 10" ribbon length. Thread ribbon end through hole; knot on inside.
- 8. To close box, wrap other ribbon end around button.
by Amy Cobb