“Teaching is a Work of Heart" Magnet
- Polyform Sculpey III Oven Bake Clay: Gold, Red
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Festive Green, Milk Chocolate, Warm White
- Wooden dowel or clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Apple cookie cutter, 3” (or pattern provided)
- Heart cookie cutter, 1/2” (or pattern provided)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Craft glue
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. (Or use apple and heart cookie cutters.)
- 3. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. For apple, roll Red clay to 1/4” thickness. Use pattern or apple cookie cutter to cut shape from clay. Use heart cookie cutter to cut heart in bottom of apple; remove clay. Roll Gold clay to 1/4” thickness. Use pattern or heart cookie cutter to cut heart shape from clay. Press gold heart in bottom of apple.
- 4. Position apple on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake apple in oven. Let cool completely.
- 5. On covered work surface, paint stem Milk Chocolate and leaf Festive Green. Let dry. Add dots and highlights with Warm White. Let dry.
- 6. Glue magnet on back of apple.
by Pam Sicely