Pencil Pouch of Thanks
- Cardstock or construction paper: turquoise, white, red, green, pink, yellow, lt. brown, silver
- Pony beads, two each: yellow, green, white, red, pink
- Black cording, two 36” lengths
- Jute twine, 1-1/4” length
scissors, ruler, black marker
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Hole punch, 1/4”
- Paper crimper
- API Crafter's Pick The Ultimate! Glue
- 1. For pencils, measure and cut 5”x8-1/2” yellow paper rectangle. For erasers, measure and cut 3/4”x5” pink paper rectangle. For metal eraser part, measure and cut 1”x7” silver paper rectangle. For pencil tips, measure and cut 1”x5” lt. brown paper rectangle. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim one long edge of pencil tip rectangle.
- 2. Glue eraser rectangle and pencil tip rectangle onto pencils. Run silver metal eraser rectangle through paper crimper. Glue silver crimped rectangle on pencils, next to erasers.
- 3. Measure and cut five 1”x8-1/2” sections on pencils rectangle. Cut apart pencils. Use black marker to outline pencil edges and write words like “wonderful,” “helpful,” and other positive attributes about teacher.
- 4. For pencil pouch, measure and cut 7-1/2”x11” turquoise paper rectangle. Fold rectangle in half creating 5-1/2”x7-1/2” pouch. Use black marker to outline edges.
- 5. Use hole punch to punch holes, 1” apart and 1/2” from edges, on pencil pouch. Measure and cut two 36” black cording lengths. Weave cording lengths in and out of holes, forming “x” shapes. Knot cording ends together. Thread pony beads on cording ends; knot ends together after last bead.
- 6. Measure and cut 4”x5” white paper rectangle. Measure and cut 2” red paper circle (apple) and 1-1/2” green paper circle (leaf). Use black marker to write “A+” on apple and “Teacher” on bottom of white rectangle. Fold leaf in half. Glue apple and leaf on white rectangle. For apple stem, glue jute twine scrap on top of apple.
- 7. Insert pencils in pouch.
by Mary Ayres