"You're My Hero!" Frame
size: 8" square
- Wooden frame, 8" square
- Blue glitter foam, scrap
- White cardstock, scrap
- Craft foam alphabet letters: DAD
- Star-print ribbon, two 8" lengths
- Rhinestone stars
scissors, ruler, red marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Calico Red, Ocean Blue
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Clay: White, Blue
- Wooden dowel or clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Metal star cookie cutters (or old credit card for cutter)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint frame Calico Red and craft foam letters Ocean Blue. Let dry. Glue "DAD" on top of frame.
- 3. Measure and cut two 8" star-print ribbon lengths. Glue ribbon lengths along left side and bottom of frame. Let dry.
- 4. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 5. Use clay-dedicated rolling pin to roll White and Blue clays into 1/8" thickness. Use star cookie cutter to cut small and medium stars from White and Blue clays. Position stars on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay stars in oven. Let cool completely.
- 6. Glue rhinestone stars on center of clay stars. Let dry. Glue stars randomly on frame.
- 7. Use red marker to write "you're the best" on white cardstock scrap. Glue saying on blue glitter craft foam scrap. Trim around words. Glue saying on right side of frame. Let dry.
by Sandy Rollinger