Happy Father's Day Card
- Blank white card, 5"x7"
- Polka-dot print paper, 5"x7"
- Midwest Products Co., Inc.®: Micro-Cut Quality Woods: Birch Plywood, Basswood Strip; Project Cork Sheet, Silver Mirror Styrene
- Polka-dot ribbon, 7" length
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Country Blue, Salem Blue
- Ellison Sizzix Brand Machine and Dies: Stars, Bigz Serif Essentials Alphabet Set
- Black inkpad and rubber stamp of choice
- Paper glue
- 1. Measure and cut 5"x7" print paper rectangle. Glue rectangle on front of card.
- 2. Measure and cut 7" basswood strip length. On covered work surface, paint basswood strip Salem Blue. Let dry. Measure and cut 7" polka-dot ribbon length. Glue ribbon on basswood strip. Glue strip along bottom edge of card.
- 3. Measure and cut three 1-3/4"x4" cork rectangles. Glue rectangles on front of card.
- 4. Measure and cut 1"x2" plywood rectangle. Use rubber stamp and black inkpad to stamp "Happy Father's Day" saying on rectangle. Let dry. Glue saying on front of card.
- 5. Use machine and D die to cut two "D" shapes from plywood. Paint D shapes Country Blue. Let dry. Glue D shapes on front of card.
- 6. Use machine and Stars die to cut one large and two small star shapes from silver styrene. Cut small star shape from large star shape center. Remove protective coating on stars; glue stars on front of card.
by Debby Forshey-Choma