- Burlap, 1-1/4 yds.
scissors, ruler or measuring tape, plastic bowl, sponge scrap, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Plaid Simply Foam Stamp (#58937)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Dark Chocolate
- DecoArt Americana Fabric Painting Medium
- 1. Measure and cut 42" burlap square (poncho). Adjust size if child is younger than eight years old. Cut poncho straight along woven ends (to fringe easily).
- 2. Measure and cut 12"-long slit in center of poncho (for head opening).
- 3. To fringe, gently pull 1" of woven strands from sides of poncho.
- 4. On covered work surface, mix two parts Dark Chocolate with one part fabric painting medium in plastic bowl. Use sponge scrap to dab foam stamp with Dark Chocolate. Stamp design down opposite sides of poncho. Let dry.
- 5. Stamp design around neck opening. Let dry.
- 1. Fleece or felt can be used instead of burlap fabric. For fringe, cut 1" slits on edges of poncho.
by Mary Ayres