Nesting Bird Card
- Cardstock: white, light blue
- Old book pages
- The Twinery Baker’s Twine: Cappuccino, Honey Dew, Blossom, Caribbean
- Want2Scrap Gems: White Pearl Finesse Swirls, 72-Count Baby Blue Rhinestones, Pearls
- Maya Road Trinket Pins: Leaf, Flower
- White seam binding
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge daubers, non-stick craft sheet, heat tool
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Shapeabilities Dies: Donna Salazar Rose Creations, Bird Sanctuary, Floral Flourishes
- Crafty Secrets Artsy Banner Stamp
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks Pads: Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Vintage Photo
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: E23, E31, RV63
- Spritz bottle with water
- Ranger Stickles Diamond Glitter Glue
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots, Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- 1. Make white top-fold card. Cut one 5-1/2” white and one 5-3/4” blue square; set aside.
- 2. Die cut/emboss bird cage, bird, and leaves from white cardstock. Die-cut flowers from old book pages.
- 3. Randomly stamp Artsy Banner background over white square cut in Step 1 using Antique Linen ink. Sponge paper edges with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo inks.
- 4. Using separate sponge daubers, ink edges and details of die-cut shapes as follows: bird cage Antique Linen; bird Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Shabby Shutters, and Tumbled Glass; leaves Shabby Shutters. Highlight die-cut shapes with glitter glue; let dry.
- 5. To create bird’s nest, wind Cappuccino twine into a nest and secure with 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue; let dry. Darken twine here and there using E23 marker.
- 6. Scribble a small amount of ink from RV63 marker onto non-stick craft sheet and spritz liberally with water to create a very light color wash. Cut an 18” length of seam binding and crumple into color. Dry gently with heat tool. Let dry completely.
- 7. Press die-cut flowers into same color wash mixture created in Step 6; set aside and let dry completely.
- 8. Mat stamped square on blue square; adhere to card. Adhere die-cut cage, nest, and gems to card as shown. Adhere bird with foam dots.
- 9. Tie seam binding and Honey Dew, Blossom, and Caribbean twines into a loopy bow; trim excess. Age twine here and there using E31 marker. Adhere bow to card with clear dots.
- 10. Assemble flower with clear dots; adhere pearl to center. Adhere flower to bow with foam dots; insert pins through foam.
- 1. Make a perfect match! Use markers to custom dye seam binding and die-cut embellishments.
by Heidi Blankenship for Spellbinders Paper Arts