Van Gogh Sunflowers
- Heavyweight drawing paper, 9"x12"
- Tissue paper: yellow, green, brown
- Seeds, assortment of colors and shapes
scissors, ruler, stapler and staples
- Sakura Cray-Pas oil pastel crayons
- Real sunflowers (to aid in painting)
- Craft glue
- 1. Have each student practice drawing a sunflower on a 9"x12" piece of drawing paper. When students are satisfied with their drawing, have them go over their sketch with pencil.
- 2. Use oil pastel crayons to blend colors on sunflowers.
- 3. Cut out sunflower.
- 4. For seed centers, cut 1" tissue paper squares. Roll squares onto small circles for seeds. Glue seeds in center of sunflowers. Fill empty spots with assorted seeds. Let dry.
- 5. Design vase shape using paper and oil pastel crayons. Arrange students' sunflowers in vase. Use stapler and staples to attach each student's sunflower above vase on wall or bulletin board.
by Noelle Burns for Sakura of America