School Spirit Pom-Poms
- Clover Pom-Pom Maker
- Yarn, in school colors of choice
- White string, 12" length
- Elastic hair band
- 1. Position pom-pom maker on work surface. Open both arms on one side of pom-pom maker, creating arch. Starting on left side of arch, wrap yarn firmly and evenly so shape conforms to arch. Close arms. On other side of arch, repeat process, wrapping yarn same number of times. Close arms.
- 2. Use scissors to cut yarn across arch, beginning at gap between two arms. Repeat process for other side.
- 3. Measure and cut 12" length of white string. Center string over cut yarn; tie around and knot ends.
- 4. Carefully open one arm at a time. Separate two arms and remove pom-pom. Use scissors to trim yarn ends even, if needed.
- 5. Tie pom-pom around elastic hair tie band.
- 1. Have kids work in pairs. One kid preps yarn and string, while other kid wraps maker!
- 2. For multi-colored school spirit pom-poms, combine two colors of yarn and wrap around arms at same time.
by Florence Bolen Tebbets