Festive Swirls Party Invite and Favor
size: invitation, 5"x7"; favor, 3-1/4"x2-3/8"x4-5/8"
- Cardstock: white, metallic silver
- Watercolor paper, 100 lbs. or more
- Gem buttons
- White seam binding
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, computer and printer
- Sizzix Big Shot Pro Die-Cutting System or eclips Cutting System (if using eclips, you will also need a Sizzix manual machine for letterpress)
- Sizzix Big Shot Pro Accessories (Cutting Pad, Crease Pad, Bigz Pro Carry All Box Die) or eclips Albums, Bags & Boxes Cartridge
- Sizzix Ink-its Letterpress Plates: Festive Swirls, Rustic Elegant Flowers
- Non-stick craft sheet
- Spritz bottle with water
- Pigment ink pads: clear watermark, metallic silver, purple with re-inker
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, clear dots
- 1. Print invitation information onto watercolor paper and trim to size, allowing extra room on left side.
- 2. Apply clear watermark ink to letterpress plate. Apply silver ink to same plate. Carefully place invitation, printed side down, on top of plate and deboss using manual machine. If using regular cardstock for invitation, place a thin piece of craft foam between top cutting pad and paper before debossing for better impression.
- 3. Remove debossed paper; set aside to dry. Mat invitation on 5”x7” silver cardstock.
- 4. Adhere button with clear dot.
- Favor Box
- 1. To dye seam binding, mix a few drops of purple re-inker with water in spritz bottle. Place seam binding on craft sheet and spray until desired color is achieved; dry with heat tool.
- 2. Using desired cutting system, cut a Carry All Box from white cardstock; cut extra side panel from watercolor paper. Fold and assemble box.
- 3. Apply clear watermark ink to letterpress plate. Apply purple ink to same plate. Carefully place watercolor paper on top of plate and deboss using manual machine.
- 4. Remove debossed paper; set aside to dry. Adhere panel to box.
- 5. Fill and close box. Tie on seam binding bow and adhere button with clear dot.
by Beth Reames for Sizzix