Scholar & Team Stars Wreaths
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 16" Green Bevel Ring
- Cotton fabric, 1/2 yd.: black or gold
- Gold metallic sheet
- Recycled cereal boxes, two
- Construction paper or print paper
- Cardstock: black, white
- Black ribbon, 20" length
- Class or team wallet-size photos
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Provo Craft Coluzzle cutting tool (or circle or star cookie cutters)
- Ellison Sizzix Machine and Dies: Big Shot Machine, BigZ Dies Serif Essentials or Primitive Stars
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Tear or cut cotton fabric into eight 4"x24" strips. Wrap strips around ring, overlapping edges. Glue ends on back of ring.
- 2. On work surface, open cereal box and position flat. Use Coluzzle template and tool to cut circles or star shapes from cereal box sides. (Or use circle or star cookie cutters as patterns; trace around edges of cookie cutters on cereal box sides.) Cut out center of each circle or star (for photo opening).
- 3. Cut circle and star shapes from black and white cardstock. Cut out center of each circle or star (for photo opening).
- 4. Layer and glue circle or star shape, photo, and black or white frame shapes together. Let dry.
- 5. Use machine and alphabet dies to cut alphabet letters from black cardstock or star shapes from gold metallic sheet. Glue alphabet letters and stars on wreath. Glue photos around shapes.
- 6. For hanger, measure and cut 20" ribbon length. Loop ribbon through fabric on back of wreath; tie ends into bow.
by Melony Bradley